“Nearly 60% of casual dining operations serve at least one Mexican inspired dish.”
Datassential, “Menu Trends Direct: Gone Mexican!”, August 2013.
Smoky and spicy adobo-braised Pierce Chicken® Funny Bones® makes a great base to build on a Hispanic dish.
|Pierce Chicken® Funny Bones® (Code #41270)||10 pounds (2 bags)|
|Adobo sauce (recipe provided)||1 gallon|
- Place Funny Bones in two hotel pans coated with cooking spray; pour adobo sauce over Funny Bones.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Serve Funny Bones with cooking sauce.
|Guajillo chilies, dried||30 ounces|
|Water, boiling||1-½ quarts|
|Garlic, peeled||24 each|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 cups|
|Onion powder||½ cup|
|Cocoa powder||6 tablespoons|
|Ground nutmeg||¼ cup|
|Ground cumin||1 teaspoon|
Makes 1 gallon:
- Remove stems and shake the seeds from the guajillo chilies. Lightly toast in a hot dry pan for 20 seconds per side or until slightly puffed and fragrant.
- Soak toasted chilies in boiling water for 10 minutes or until softened; drain.
- Process chilies with remaining ingredients in a food processor, in batches, until smooth.
- Press mixture through a fine chinois strainer.