“Pretzel bread items have increased nearly 25% on menus in the past year.”
Technomic, “Insights Beyond Trends”, August 2013.
Pierce Chicken® Country Style Chicken Tenderloin Fritters fried until golden, drizzled with a Smithwick’s™ stout beer cheese sauce and served on a toasted pretzel bun with crisp lettuce and tomato.
|Pierce Chicken® Country Style Chicken Tenderloin Fritters (Code #13617)||5 pounds (1 bag)|
|Beer cheese sauce (recipe provided)||3 cups|
|Pretzel buns, toasted||24 each|
|Tomatoes||4 medium (24 slices)|
|Dill pickles, sliced||3¾ cups|
|Leaf lettuce||1 head (24 pieces)|
To make one serving:
- Fry 2 Country Style Chicken Tenderloin Fritters in deep fryer at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F; drain.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon beer cheese sauce on bottom pretzel bun. Layer with 2 Country Style Chicken Tenderloin Fritters, 1 tablespoon beer cheese sauce, 3 pickles, 1 tomato slice and 1 lettuce leaf. Replace bun top
BEER CHEESE SAUCE
|Smithwick’s™ Ale||2¼ cups|
|Cheddar cheese sauce, prepared||3 cups|
Makes 3 cups:
- Cook cornstarch and ale in a large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, whisking until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer; cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add cheese sauce; cook and stir for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Hold warm for service.