“Consumers’ desire for craveable, valueoriented menu items at nontraditional meal times is steadily gaining popularity and causing restaurants operators to look for ways to build checks while meeting demand.”
Nation’s Restaurant News, “QSRs tap consumer demand for snacks,” January 2013.
Pierce Chicken® Skinny Dip’n Chik’nTM Naked Boneless Wings skewered with whole grape tomatoes, onions and red peppers grilled and served with a garlic basil pesto.
|Wooden skewers, small, soaked||72 each|
|Grape tomatoes||2 pints (72 pieces)|
|Pierce Chicken® Skinny Dip’n Chik’n™ Naked Boneless Wings (Code #40052), thawed, cut into ¾-inch pieces||5 pounds (Approx. 1 bag)|
|Red onion, peeled, cut into 1-inch x 2-inch pieces||2 each (72 pieces)|
|Red pepper, cored, seeded, cut into 1½-inch x 2-inch pieces||3 each (72 pieces)|
|Garlic pesto (recipe provided)||3 cups|
To make one serving (3 skewers each):
- Thread 1 piece of each of the following: grape tomato, chicken, onion, chicken, bell pepper and chicken on a wooden skewer. Repeat on 2 more skewers.
- Grill skewers on a hot grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Serve with 2 tablespoons garlic pesto.
|Parmesan cheese, grated||1 cup|
|Garlic, peeled||½ cup|
|Basil, fresh, trimmed||½ cup|
|Pine nuts||½ cup|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 cup|
Makes 3 cups:
- Process the Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, pine nuts, salt and pepper in a food processor until combined.
- Add olive oil; pulse until combined.