“Flavor trends and menu inspirations often come from around the world, but trend watchers are now noting the renewed interest in homegrown flavors and cuisines that feature a regional American influence.”
Technomic, Flavor Consumer Trend Report, 2013.
Crunchy Pierce Chicken® Boneless Wing Dings® piled high on a hoagie roll dressed with a tangy mustard seed cabbage slaw and spicy remoulade aioli.
|Pierce Chicken® Boneless Wing Dings® (Code #111125)||7½ pounds (120 pieces)|
|Creole remoulade (recipe provided)||3 cups|
|Hoagie rolls, sliced, toasted||24 each|
|Mustard seed slaw (recipe provided)||3 quarts|
To make one serving:
- Fry 5 Boneless Wing Dings® in deep fryer at 350°F for 6 to 8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Spread 2 tablespoons Creole remoulade on cut sides of toasted hoagie roll.
- Layer bottom roll with Boneless Wing Dings® and ½ cup mustard seed slaw; replace roll top
|Dill pickles, ¼-inch dice||¾ cup|
|Dill pickle juice||6 tablespoons|
|Dry mustard||2 tablespoons|
|Creole seasoning||2 tablespoons|
|Chili powder||2 tablespoons|
|Cayenne pepper||1 tablespoon|
Makes 3 cups:
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Refrigerate until service
MUSTARD SEED SLAW
|Apple cider vinegar||1 quart|
|Mustard seeds||½ cup|
|Red wine vinegar||2 tablespoons|
|Vegetable oil||2 cups|
|Green cabbage, cored, shredded||3 quarts|
|Carrots, peeled, shredded||2 cups|
Makes 3 quarts:
- Combine cider vinegar and mustard seeds in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer; cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until nearly dry.
- Cool mustard seeds.
- In a bowl, combine mustard seeds, honey, red wine vinegar and salt.
- Whisk in oil slowly until emulsified.
- Combine cabbage and carrots in a large bowl; add mustard seed dressing and toss to coat.