Buffalo-style spice is included on over 35% of restaurants in the U.S. and this menu presence has grown by 3.6% in the past year.
Source: Datassential MenuTrends, 2015.
Creamy macaroni and cheese with carrot, celery, and Pierce Chicken® Buffalo Style Chicken Dip; topped with crumbled blue cheese
|Pierce Chicken® Buffalo Style Chicken Dip (Code #17820)||3 quarts|
|Vegetable oil||¼ cup|
|Yellow onion, ¼-inch dice||1½ cups|
|Fresh garlic cloves, crushed||5 each|
|Celery, ¼-inch dice||3 cups|
|Carrot, ¼-inch dice||3 cups|
|All-purpose flour||¼ cup|
|Chicken stock, unsalted||1 cup|
|Whole milk||1 cup|
|Heavy cream||2 cups|
|Cheddar cheese, mild, shredded||2 quarts|
|Buffalo sauce||2 cups|
|Cavatappi pasta, cooked||2 gallons|
|Bleu cheese crumbles||3 cups|
Mac and cheese can be served as a side-dish by reducing the portion size by half.
- Heat oil in a 4-gallon rondo or tilt skillet; combine yellow onion, garlic, celery and carrot. Sweat over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add flour and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until flour is fully absorbed.
- Add stock, milk, and cream, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil, then reduce flame to medium-low.
- Add shredded cheese, stirring occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Add 2 quarts Pierce Chicken® Chicken Dipz Buffalo Style Chicken Dip, hot sauce and Cavatappi pasta, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- Transfer Buffalo Mac & Cheese to a hotel pan, wrap, and hold hot on a steam table for service.
To prepare one portion:
- Serve 1½ cup Buffalo Mac & Cheese in a heated 2 cup service bowl.
- Top with 2 tablespoons bleu cheese.