"Diners aren't always looking to try something new, many seek out flavors and formats that they're familiar with- foods they know and love"
Restaurant Business, "Comfort Foods Making a Comeback on Restaurant Menus", January, 2018
Cavatappi pasta tossed in a creamy garlic white cheddar sauce loaded with tender Pierce Chicken® Skinny Dip’n Chik’n Naked Boneless Wings, smoky chicken bacon and golden bread crumbs.
|Pierce Chicken® Skinny Dip’n Chik’n™ Naked Boneless Wings (Code #40052)||2 pounds
(Approx. ½ bag)
|Cavatappi pasta, dry||3 pounds|
|Garlic, peeled, minced||1 tablespoon|
|Butter, unsalted||¼ cup|
|Whole milk||1 quart|
|White cheddar cheese, shredded||2 cups (8 ounces)|
|Black pepper||1½ teaspoons|
|Chicken Bacon, cooked, chopped||1 pound|
|Crusty bread crumbs||2 cups|
- Bake Skinny Dip’n Chik’n Naked Boneless Wings on sheet trays at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Cook pasta in a large stockpot of water over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Sauté garlic in butter in a large saucepan for 2 minutes or until tender. Add flour; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- Add milk slowly, whisking until blended. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add cheddar cheese, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in Skinny Dip’n Chik’n Naked Boneless Wings, cooked bacon and cooked pasta.
- Pour into a 3-inch-deep hotel pan. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and cheese sauce is bubbly